To compete with TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, and Instagram Stories, YouTube is beta-testing its Shorts feature that allows users to produce short films directly from the app.
You can record short videos with your smartphone's camera and upload them right away. Sounds interesting? YouTube added this feature to allow users a better reach, and communication with the audience.
YouTube Shorts is an excellent way to expand your audience and communicate to a wider audience through videos in your unique style. The default length is 15 seconds, but you can extend it up to a minute via the app.
These shorts will help creators to take their content to a wider audience, from different demographics, and communicate in an open, free, and friendly manner. YouTube is intending to monetize Shorts, indicating that there is a huge market for them.
YouTube Shorts is currently available in over 100 countries, including the United States and Canada. Tap Shorts at the bottom of the YouTube app, on the YouTube homepage, or on their channel page to find these specific videos.
To create YouTube Shorts, you must meet the following requirements.
YouTube Shorts: How to Create Them
1. Download the YouTube app for your Android or iPhone and sign in if you don't already have it.
2. Tap the + symbol in the bottom center which is the Create button.
3. Tap Create a Short, which has a camera icon next to it, in the pop-up.
4. If you're utilizing this option for the first time, your smartphone will ask for permission to use the camera and microphone.
5. You'll be taken to the YouTube Shorts recording page once you've been accepted.
6. YouTube shorts have a preset recording length of 15 seconds. By tapping the number "15" above the record button, you may adjust it to 60 seconds.
7. To speed up or slow down the recording, tap the Speed icon of a speedometer on the right.
8. You may also specify a time for the camera to start without you by pressing the Timer button, which is located directly below the Speed button.
9. Finally, Filters let you apply a variety of visual filters to your video. This feature may be unavailable to some Android users.
10. Press the Record button when you're ready. Tap it again to pause the recording, then tap it again to start recording the next portion of the video.
11. Tapping the bottom-right Undo button, which looks like a left-facing arrow, deletes the last section but not the entire video. The right-facing arrow on the Redo button will return that portion to the video.
12. When you're finished recording, hit the check mark in the bottom right corner of the screen to preview your video and add music, text, and filters. Tap Next when you're finished.
13. Finally, give it a title and change the sharing options. To ensure that your video is noticed or promoted with other YouTube Shorts videos, include the hashtag #shorts in the title.
14. Your video will be uploaded to YouTube after you tap Upload.
YouTube Shorts are a great way to communicate to your audience and build a strong connection. You may simply create short-form videos up to 60 seconds long using a multi-segment camera and YouTube's Shorts creation tools.
If you’re on YouTube, getting hold of YouTube shorts can be the right place to begin. Just blend your creativity, and ideas and speak openly to your audience.